Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Garden Tomb

Since I only have 2 sabbaths here, I don't know if I can really start comparing, but to day was really cool. Not only did we have a general authority come (Elder Pieper from the 1st quarum of the 70) to our sabbath services and give a pretty good talk. He also had a fireside in which he just answered questions that we had for him, and also we got to go to the Garden Tomb with him.

The Garden tomb is an interesting place. Alot of members have preferance as this being the site of the crusifixion and buirial of Christ (the other being the Church of the Holy Sepulcure of course) because it is a garden area that is really well kept up, not a shrine with incense and iconography all over, but yeah. It is also cool to see the Golgotha hill with the skull look that it goes have (although it is wearing away and it's not going to be there for much longer because of erosion and vibrations from the nearby bus station). But the tomb is neat (and small) and the atmosphere is different, but ya know, I didn't really think that the place mattered too much. Both places are noisy because of all the people there, the garden is more peaceful enviroment... i don't know. I will be spending more time there later, so maybe i will make a choise later, we'll see.

That was pretty much my day, nothing that was too exciting, but still an amazing day. I am a little distracted too as I write this because people just planned a little trip to Tel Aviv tomorrow, and I need to decide whether i'm going to do it or not... so many choices!!! Anyway, i hope that you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment