Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Begining to a Great Summer

So I just got back from my final orientation meeting for the Jerusalem Center about two hours ago. A lot of it is stuff to scare you so that you follow a lot of the rules, but also it gave me a little insight into just how cool this summer is going to be. The only downside for all of you is that this is going to be the only picture that you see of me in Jerusalem until I return in 4 months. Because of the slow progress of technology over in Israel, they are about a whole generation behind the US in internet technology, and so it it like having dial-up speeds out there and so no pictures are allowed to be downloaded or uploaded or else the system will crash. So i'm sorry to all of you that were looking forward to seeing the pics from all of my adventures, but you are just going to have to exercise some patience until I am able to get home :) Facebook is also banned, but this is because of the stupidity of students last semester, and not the bandwidth issue!
Tomorrow I leave at 1015am from SLC and will get to Tel Aviv at 145pm on Wednesday, then the adventures will begin! So many things to look forward to, and i'm sure that I don't even know all the possibilities that will be open to me while I am there. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you as I travel through the land that Jesus called Home. I am grateful that I get to have this wonderful opportunity to live the Bible stories that I hear so much, put places with names and feel the spirit that still may live in some of the places.
Right now though I just need to get over the spirit of the stomach flu which had this great desire to ruin the moment for right now :( Say a prayer for me that I will get better soon! I would hate for the first few days to be overshadowed by me throwing up, especially on the plane tomorrow! Love you all, and I'll talk to you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you. It is good that you are not married and have children just yet that you can take this oppurtunity to just absorb all that info and history of Jesus's life. I have that oppurtunity now but i must wait till my kids are older so i can do this with my husband. To hard to do with a 13, 11, 2, year old and a baby on the way. So anyways enough blah blah from me. Write lots of details. Love ya Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete