Friday, July 9, 2010

A Real Day Off..almost

You know what? I think that I have never had a real vacation. I mean I have, but I think that there has really never been a time when I am at the beach and can do just about whatever, without have to worry about anything else. Just a day to relax, when the only thing that you have to worry about is if you have enough sun for the day (which doesn’t take long for me!). Anyway, let’s just say that I’m really glad that the program that they have here for us and the way that it is organized.
We started the morning with class, beginning the lecture of the NT and Jesus ministry. While it is really hot here during the day, the 3 hour block this morning wasn’t that bad when you stayed in the shade, so we stayed outside the whole time and got to look over the Sea of Galilee as we learned about the stories of Jesus. Bro. Emmitt is a great teacher. He has a lot of quotes that he brings in from conference and the like to make sure that we know some of the practical application of the teachings in Jesus time. It was a spiritual experience that I was able to have and I’m glad that I was able to have it here.
The rest of the day was nothing but free time, except for this little class that we had tonight, but yeah. So we had this Frisbee tournament where teams from our class played and teams from the other class played, and then we are going to get together and play the last team from each class will play each other to see who is the best. So, first of all, it’s super hot here, and humid, and the sand is really hot. I was on the first team to play, and it was 20min or first to 5 to play. We lost. It was a fun game though, and I helped with one epic goal, the only one that we got too. It was a fun game, but I got all sweaty and so I couldn’t wait to get into the water. So I put on my sunblock and waited the allotted time and got into the water. Well, let’s just say that I don’t think that I waited quite long enough. I’m pretty sure that since I was so sweaty, the sunblock never really got into my skin. The good news is that I thought that that might have happened before I got in, and so I left my shirt on when I got in. So long story short, I had tons of fun getting in the water and playing, and helping the girls do back flips off my back and such, but my face and arms are much darker than they were before. Which it’s still not that dark compared to others, but for me, this is getting dark! Also, I’m in the sun so much that my hair is getting lighter too! I’im not the happiest about this development, I like my hair, but I think that it’s a little fun!
After dinner we had class for ANE with Hablin in the basement of the kibbutz building. None of us were really looking forward to this class because we just wanted to have time on our own, and I was hurting bad from the burn that I had, and so I didn’t want to be there either, but the class itself was good. I may have been so tired that I wanted to sleep, and so I just laid my head back and took a little nap. Now, I would not have mentioned this because it is nothing new for me to sleep in class, but I guess that my form was entertaining for everyone else to see, because during the break (it was a 2 hour class) people came up to me telling me that they got good pictures of me sleeping! These were not people just around me either; they were like 4 rows in front and on the other side of the room! Sis. Whipple even came up to me to tell me that Walter (her husband) had taken notes on what I had been asleep for if I was interested in getting them later! Oh, the Whipple’s! I love them so much, they are a couple made in heaven!
That night was just spent with people, doing my best to be social and such. I watched a little bit of the World Cup semi-finals (darn Spain) and then I went to the beach and spent some time there, and then spent time with my good buddy Kendell for a while. It was quite a night, and I really enjoyed all of it. This place is great, and I love being here so much. Here’s to more experiences!!

No comments:

Post a Comment